Wednesday 29 July 2015

Happiness is a HappySkin Lippie



Had Been meaning to post this review for more than a month now but like they say I put the PRO in procrastination . So what better day to post my review than on National Lipstick day. 

I first stumbled across the brand HappySkin at The Beauty Bar in Manila! 


The product display and packaging is what made me check out the counter. The display is a mix of soft girly colors like teal, pink and white much like its logo.

For a long time i thought it was a Korean brand but one of the SA at the beauty bar in Mall of Asia told me that its a brand from the Philippines. I swatched a few colors and for some reason I didn't buy any thing and flew back home.

Little did I know that I would be back in Manila this year that too when they were launching their 
"Preview X Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Matte Lippie" .



My Lippie is in the shade "Hot Stuff" which is the red shade.

It is one of the two limited edition matte lippies that are part of  Preview Magazine's 20 year celebration.




   The brand says that each Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Matte Lippie contains Happy Skin’s signature shea butter and collagen combo paired with powerful Cupuacu Butter  which offers unrivaled  hydration, healing, and improved elasticity. 


   But first lets see the packaging.


   The Lippie in structure resembles the chubby stick by Revlon or Clinique. 


   But i love the fact that the Lippie stick has Pout prints all over it.


   And the gold detail at the bottom just adds to the richness.



  The product claims to offer three-fold "lip service": the trendy matte texture, the pigment of a lipstick, and hydration of a balm! One swatch on my had me sold on the Matte texture.


I compared it to the only other stick lip product i own : My Bobbi Brown art stick.


I know both shades are very different color wise but i swatched them together just to compare a few other features.



The Bobbi Brown art stick is supposed to give a creamy matte finish. If you compare the two swatches you can see that the HappySkin is much more matte.


When i cleaned the swatches with my bioderma sensibio h2o micelle solution the Bobbi Brown art stick came off immediately but the HappySkin Lippie did leave a bit of product back.


 After another round of cleaning with may Bioderma water the HappySkin lippie still left a very faint stain.


I road tested this baby many times. And its safe to say that the pigmentation of this Lippie is like a Lipstick also even though it looks super matte it is pretty hydrating. It is not long wearing but it can survive a light meal. 

With a couple of touch ups it lasts for the entire day.


Pros :
Matte
Does not dry the lips
Good color payoff
No bad scent
Reasonably priced
Sturdy Packaging

Cons :
The tip of the lippie stick becomes blunt after a while. {One simple work around this problem is using a brush to fill in the products around the corners.}

All in all I loved this lippie and will surely buy it again.

For those who wanna try it out it is available at Happy Skin counters at the Beauty Bar, Plains and Prints, Rustan's Beauty Source, SM Beauty or Watsons .

For on line purchase you can try the following links (I think they ship internationally also):

http://store.happyskincosmetics.com/index.php?id_product=70&controller=product

or

http://shop.beautybar.com.ph/makeup/lips/p3441295.html

Have a very happy Lipstick day ladies.
   
                                                              ---------- XOXO Pammy














No comments:

Post a Comment